Wednesday, December 12, 2007

panic! in the thizzco take II//trauma center//boulevard of broken cars

what a freaking eventful hour and a half.
it starts out like this:
it is the hour of 5 o'clock...dark in the city by the bay.
the volvo was at the uncle's auto-shop
so my mom and i went to pick it up.
she was going to follow me home but
as i am driving down geary blvd,
the steering wheel starts smoking and it 
feels like it's about to lock and i feel
the engine dying out.
so i pull over and park in this church's 
driveway....i thought my mom was driving
right behind me but she actually got held up
by a red light.
so i stood outside my car and when she drove by i was waving 
at her to get her attention but she didn't even see me.
oh yeah, did i mention my cell phone died? AHHH
so i'm like "alright, sammy. let's get it"
so i lock my car and, like all desperate freaks, run
after the Lexus.
...and as i raced against time, the banded pools of streetlight
did nothing except intensify my flight. meeting the doom
encapsulated by each red light, my spirit sank...yet my heart-rate rose...
so i make it a couple of blocks before i realize it's too late.
so my options are
a) walk 5 blocks to christopher's house and knock on his door to ask to use his phone
b) walk into some store and plead to use their phone
c) run away.
luckily, there was a pay phone (i know, right) across the street
and i just so happen to have a dollar in quarters in my wallet!
i tell you, baby jesus was with me.
so i call my mom's cell phone...no answer
i call home...no answer
then i called my mom's cell phone again...and answer!
...and as i stood there, cold and wretchedly alone, the grease from
the public pay phone smeared my ear in a dense, grimy coating
which suited my inner feelings of desperation, sadness, and hunger...
so i told her about everything so she came back and called my uncle/car wizard.
apparently he cleaned out my car's turbo drive
and the smoking was normal (....)
so i drive home.
ooh wee...here's a map of my adventures!
(you can double click for a bigger version)


and all i wanted was to retrieve
my beloved, rusty volvo.

out.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You could have walked to my house, and then we could have eaten. No school today! yeayeya